Wednesday, June 2, 2010

we're here!

I am so excited to be typing this from la computadora de la casa de promesa! I love it here! It has been a great trip so far and we are blessed to have had such safe travels. I am so overwhelmed with emotion and mucha cansada (tired) but I wanted to just let everyone know how it's going so far. First of all, i LOVE the kids here in the house, and everyone i've met already has a special place in mi corazon (heart). Being here is unlike anything I have ever experienced, and I am so happy that i got to come. I really want to write more, but I am journaling and will probably update that to my blog when i come home! Today we went to the Detention Center for girls at CISNA. We made pulseras y tarjetas (bracelets and cards), then we went to the orphanage SIPI and made more bracelets with the girls there! It has been so much fun meeting these girls and being able to talk to them. My spanish is definitely out of practice, but i am hoping that i am improving and will continue to do so. If anything, the language barrier has been hilarious, because we mix up words sometimes haha.
God has been teaching me a lot, especially this morning in my devotions. I brought a few different devotionals along with my Bible, and they all told me the same thing today: trust in God no matter what. How perfect for this time! Also, I read in Colossians 1 to "walk worthy of the Lord". Isnt that our prayer no matter where we are in the world? I hope it is mine, and I am focusing on that while I am down here, striving to be worthy of what I am called to do. How awesome is it that while I alone cannot be worthy of my calling here in El Salvador, I can depend on God and His strength and grace to help me to be. I will hopefully be updating soon! i love you guys. Gracias para tus oraciones! (thank you for the prayers!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for God to use you and strengthen your walk while you're in El Salvador! Praying for health and safety over you!
    Love, Julie Milne

    ReplyDelete