Friday, June 4, 2010

a mi me encanta el salvador!

It is friday night, and I have the time and opportunity to be on the compu! How exciting! Sorry my last post was a little choppy, it is difficult to write a post without being interrupted by los ninos or las chicas in the promise house. Although I wouldn´t trade it for anything. I love it here. Right now Glenda and Alondra are on my lap! We just listened to our new favorite song, ¨Creere´¨ and it was one of my favorite times. Sam was trying to sing with it, and Danielle was dancing like a ballerina, and everyone was just watching and laughing. I don´t have much time, but I want to tell you to read Sam´s latest post for a details on what we all did so far.

I just really want to let you all know that we are doing well, and God has blessed us thus far. I love everything about this place, well maybe I could do without a few things, but I do for the most part. I am starting to be able to talk to the girls more in spanish, and that is SO exciting for me to do! I think my spanish is getting better too. It is funny because everytime I begin to say something, even if it is to Sam or Danielle, I say it in my head in spanish! I am trying not to think about only being here for such a short time, but I am so happy that God has given me this incredible opportunity. My favorite thing to do during the day is going to CISNA, and hanging out with the girls there, it is so much fun. We do a small bible study, and then we do arts and crafts. I love when they teach us how to do their favorite things. We are teaching them, but I think I am learning so much more than I could ever teach by being here in El Salvador.

I love everyone I have met here, and I wish I could somehow stay here and come back at the same time. I know that doesn´t make much sense, but it´s almost like being in a different world down here. I am so thankful that I am here, and that God has already taught me so much! Maria just asked me if I liked her hair, because Tatyana (who is going to be a cosmetologist) just did it for her. I wish I could express in words the love and joy these people bring me, but I don´t think that would be possible!

I am writing in my journal each night, and I am going to do more blogging when I get home about the trip, when I can fully pay attention haha. Please continue to pray for us, and especially for the people in the house that have chicken pox. Like Sam said, baby Nicole has it really bad. Also, pray that though most Salvadorians know about God, that they would actually know Him, and understand what it means to be saved and live for God. Thank you so much for your prayers! Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Jo, i am so happy to hear all that is going on. I am praying for you and the girls you are ministering to! I want to share the verses I just came across in my devos this morning. Eph. 4:1-3 says, "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." I want to encourage you with these verses because I think you are truely living them out right now! I love you :) Love, Beka

    ReplyDelete